Cendol @ Rojak & Cendol Aliff, Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya.

 




With the mercury reaching ungodly levels at certain times, it is just nice to get some shaved ice dessert to cool things down. Even with the rain coming more frequently now, its still be nice to get a frosty dessert from time to time. And one of it is cendol.


Most people know by now my favourite, and to me the best, is Nyonya Cendol (click here). It is hard to top this but I am always keen to try new shops. Also, being from Malacca, I was born to enjoy cendol. So during a brief shopping spell in Amcorp Mall, I found a quaint mamak joint at the lower floors that sell pasembor treats. No surprise cendol was on the menu and that was my pick for the day. Rojak was too, but I had my lunch already so I had to give this a pass for now. 

Petite



With quick haste, I ordered myself a bowl. Well, more because I felt pretty hot at the time and I needed a good thirst breaker. The first thing you will notice is the noodle. Unfortunately, like most places, they look like they come from a factory. With that faint hue of green, they look ok. But that was just about it. 


Look at insides!



However, the sugar syrup was quite solid, being rich and nutty. Something you need to look out for in any cendol. Also, the coconut cream that came with it was thick but not too cloying. The ice was shaved into a smooth confection and everything seem to gel well. Something unique was that the included grass jelly (aka cincau) in it, which gave it an interesting texture without changing the flavour too much. A nice touch indeed. 


It was a decent bowl, and a banger of a bargain as it stood for RM2.50. What a steal. Still I can only say that it is decent. It was not underwhelming, especially when you consider the price. But its like a been here done that sort of deal. Still, if you are in the area especially if you are in Amcorp Mall, I do recommend that you try it out. 


Front of the house. 




Comments

Weekly Top Rankings