Burger @ Goku Burger, Omotesando, Tokyo.

 




A good burger always satisfies. And with a name like Goku Burger, it was a non-starter. Before I proceed, I have to be honest. The main reason why I wanted to come here was solely for the name. I grew up watching Dragon Ball and I am still a huge fan. So having a shop paying tribute to one of anime's greatest icons seems like a great sell. 



Chic


The shop in the end only has the connection via the name. However, the scent of grilled meat bought me over and I decided to come in anyway. It being Omotesando, this place was some serious fancy eats. The menu was packed with loads of specialty burgers which are really fancy, in both looks and price. But since it was lunchtime already and I already built a mood for burgers, might as well bite the bullet. So as for most burger places, I opted for their BLT burger lunch set, as it was said to be the most famous. It comes with a serving of fried potato and a drink which stood for 1780 yen. Oh so hefty! But the meal itself justifies the price. 


Gigantic!


The first impression of this meal was definitely unconventional. In addition to what I have ordered, a tray of sauce was also served with the lunch. It was some homemade special sauce that can be used to dip the morsels, which tasted like liquid fruit and onion chutney. Some black gloves were also given to deal with the handheld delectables. A really genius move to be honest!



A closer look. 



The size of the burger was massive. It was so big that a knife was needed to keep everything in place. I tried jamming it into my mouth but my jaw found it really challenging. As such, I had to resort to eating some layers of veggies off first before I can make the height more manageable. Still, this did not detract anything away from the flavour. 



Some strategy in the works. 



The patty was well grilled. The cheesy was oozy and delectable. The bun was structurally sound to hold everything as well.  And the bacon just felt right. Everything was on point. The special sauce that came with the set helped add a savoury and sweet edge to the overall experience. 



Oh baby!



The fried potato was great as well. I initially thought it would just be fried or wedges, but it was rather a fusion of the two. Wedges-shaped fries do not have an interesting ring to them. They were chunky and yes soft on the inside, It was crispy, crunchy but not greasy. It was delicious. And dipping it with their special sauce made it better. The home-style lime soda helped everything to be washed down the gullet with relative ease. 



The front door. 



So despite my initial grumble about the price, I would have to say that in the end, this was a satisfying lunch. The volume was big and the food was top quality. I always have the impression that Omotesando will be a posh and pricey place. And it is. But once in a while, there will be some gems like this lying around. If only I can get some licensed Dragon Ball merch. Now that would be something. Still, would come again for the burgers. Fancy a go? Then the address is as follows:


〒150-0001 Tokyo, Shibuya City, Jingumae, 5 Chome−8−5 ジュビリープラザビル 2F



A look from street level. 




Comments

  1. I like Bacon Loaded in burger king puchong, it is juicy, tender, and cooked to the perfection. Bacon Loaded comes with Bacon, Beef, Onion Rings, Lettuce, and cheese. (I requested it to be fully cooked since if there is no special request, the beef will be cooked medium) .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Weekly Top Rankings