Blog Update : Future Plans and Merry Christmas!


 


Hello dear readers. Hope you are all well, despite such harsh and uncertain times that have befallen us as of late. I hope you are all in high spirits and are ready to enjoy the festive season. So as such, I thought it would be a fitting time to share about some recent developments.



Somewhere is Asakasa, right after leaving the immigration office for my visa


I am happy to mention that it seems that my stay in Japan is now on a long-term basis as I have found a new job here. I consider myself to be really lucky, as even finding a job anywhere is tough, let alone a new country. So I am very blessed. So if you found that the publication of articles has been pretty inconsistent, this is why. It was hard to juggle the blog and other stuff like getting a new apartment, work visa, and other miscellaneous stuff. But I have been doing this for over 4 years now. And I have no intention of stopping. Having said that, this would mean my food escapades in the Land of the Rising Sun will continue.  However, this also means that revisiting my old food hunting trips in Malaysia seems to be even more distant. Hopefully, the pandemic slows down soon as I would like to visit home once again. 




What a view! The shot was taken from Mount Inasa in Nagasaki


This brings me to now. I am currently uncertain as to how long I will be in Japan, but it will be for at least 2-3 more years. In the meantime, readers are to expect the same type of content and enthusiasm in every post pertaining to Japanese food and culture. With regard to recent posts to be published, I have recently been on a trip to Nagasaki for food hunting. So expect a series of it to come out in a week or two. Also, expect to see more food hunts in Tokyo as well. I am still based in Fukuoka, but I will be going down to Tokyo on a slightly more regular basis for work and family. 


On somewhat on an off-tangent, you may realize I do not take many photos of the insides of eateries now. This is because Japan is pretty serious in terms of its customer privacy. So as such, if the place is overly crowded, I would not be posting pictures of the establishment. Just in case if you are wondering why I hardly do it nowadays or take photos when there are a few people in it. 



Pizza dinner with my little cousins, although they are not that little anymore!



If the opportunity arises, I will try to look into other prefectures as well. This would really depend on my work schedule, whether it would allow me to do extensive travels or not. Be that as it may, get ready for some new and exciting thing coming your way. And as mentioned just now, I have moved to a new apartment! Seeing that it has a conducive kitchen, I may revisit recipe posts. This is just a thought, so nothing concrete yet. But it will be fun to do more kitchen experiments and share with the world all the mishaps that ensue.  Till then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 



The iconic tree from Hakata Christmas Market. Seasons greeting everyone. 


Comments

Weekly Top Rankings