Coffee Beans @ TKK Coffee , TKK Trading Sdn Bhd



Nothing revs me up better than a good cup of Java, and if there is a place that has good coffee I would venture for it.


And I specifically mean "has" and not "serve". Being a coffee enthusiast for almost my adult life, I would take the effort to try out new cafes, brews, beans, tin cans, and even the instant types. (I am not an addict I assure you, just 2 two cups a day, I swear!)

Getting it done the old fashioned way
So it caught me by surprise when I volunteered at the Kasih Hospice Food Fair on a Sunday late last month, when a stall was set up by a local roaster called TKK. I have never tried their coffee before nor heard of them. But it was good. Its smooth and not smoky. Acidity was very low and has a floral coffee scent to it. Coffee sluggers would know what I mean. Made the old fashion way via a muslin cloth strainer was how it was done, and had a very homely taste to it. 


So good in fact that I had 2 cups and bought a bag of crushed beans for the French press I have at home. And yes, ground to dust it clearly was not. TKK usually supply coffee shops and they do not normally sell in supermarkets. So having a bag for just RM10 was a steal.


A pick me up in a bag

So how was the experience back home? Just by opening the packing (which was essentially just a rubber band) , the aroma permeated by kitchen. And the taste was superb. Just like the one I had that Sunday. Definitely a good way to start the weekend morning.

Look at all the granules!



As mentioned, they do not supply it to your usual grocery store but if you ever encounter them, do give them a try. You will be doing yourself a favour.


The weekend indulgence


Comments

Weekly Top Rankings