Coffee @ Artistry, Atria Shopping Gallery, Petaling Jaya






Let them have cake, Marie Antoinette said. Well, there were speculations saying that historically, she actually mentioned brioche. Historical inaccuracy aside, there is no better time to have something sweet on a Saturday afternoon.

Cheers to a good cuppa. 
After lunch at the newly refurbished Atria mall, I felt that I needed a sweet treat for myself after a long week at work. So I decided to pay Artistry a visit. From a first glance at the menu, it is clear that the coffee is much cheaper that the usual chain cafes. As it is more most maiden cafe voyages, my qualifying test is the standard americano, for some some people, the long black. It was RM6.90 for the cup, so I think it is a sweet deal. To go with it, I ordered a lemon slice that was RM7.50.





So how did it measure up?

An assortment of sweet treats and sodas are for sale too.
Coffee is actually quite good. It has deep flavour and very little smokiness at first try. The "roasted" aftertaste came later. There is some bitterness, but that is expected. I actually liked the cuppa java that I had and it was the elixir I need for a rainy Saturday afternoon. The lemon slice was not bad either. It was not too sour, and had a spongy texture. It was citrusy and  a bit sour, but not too intense. There is a graham-like crust at the bottom which reminded me of cheese cake which was slightly salty. A good combination of contrasting textures. If is definitely not like some places, where it is a graham cookie or disgestive base with some lemon cream icing.

There is an assortments of other non coffee drinks as well. My friend that followed me there bought a specialty soda, which was very refreshing. Would be a perfect potion to a hot day. The one illustrated above is the orange and jasmine soda, which is for RM 10.

If you are visiting the mall anytime soon, do check it out. The address is as follows:

C22, Concourse Floor,
Atria Shopping Gallery
Jalan SS22/23, Damansara Jaya
47400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia


Front of the house. Not that hard to miss. 



Comments

Weekly Top Rankings