Blog Update:The Occasional Gourmand in Tokyo, Japan



Having growing up watching Kamen Rider, Dragon Ball, Street Fighter, and various other Japanese imports, I have been dying to visit Tokyo for a long time. Food is of course, a main incentive for me for such a trip as well.

I have just recently returned from an 8 day trip to Tokyo, sampling various bites and immersing with the culture there. It was generally fun and loaded with surprises, especially when me and my friend deliberately avoid places with English menus and if a restaurant was filled with tourists. Fueled by sake and lubricated with soy sauce, it is safe to say the great city of Tokyo has so much to offer than just anime, train stations and shrines.

I will divert abit on the sights and sounds but the main focus will still be food, where to get them and how much they cost. And seeing there is a vast amount of material to compile and to edit I appreciate if you, dear reader, provide me with your patience and I prepare new articles on my trip. I will also cap the series off with a tips and tricks article at the end, so that readers know what to expect and plan their own food trip.

Readers can expect the first post sometime this week.

In the meantime, to whet your appetite, here is a plate of yakitori.

YUMS!

Comments

Post a Comment

Weekly Top Rankings