Burgers @ Burger Big Mountain, Ropponmatsu,Chuo Ward, Fukuoka

 




It has been a while since I had a great burger. And although I do like Mos Burger and Lotteria, but those still a fast food chain though. Then during a bus ride on the way to the main city center, I spotted one of my favourite words of the English language. It was a no brainer : 'Burger". 


A general view of the place



Burger Big Mountain, or BBM in short, is a burger corner in Ropponmatsu. And they are famous for, you guessed it, big burgers being mountain high. That may be overexaggerating, but they are still big though. Still, if they named their main prize dish after the restaurant, it should count for something right? As such, making my choice here was pretty easy. Soon enough, the BBM appeared in front of me.


Not a mountain, but is sure big!



It was a tempting sight, with alot of things stacked into it. I consider myself a proud burger fanatic, but even I cannot fit it into my mouth as it has everything on the menu in it. it consisted of fried mushrooms, two types of cheeses, bacon rashers, two beef patties, fried onions, a tomato slice and lettuce. The beef patties are great but expected. The one that I need to give praise is the fried onions and mushrooms. They gave a good contrast of texture and flavour. The mushrooms were woody and nutty while the onions were sweet and had a nice tanginess to it. The bun was surprisingly fresh and had a fluff that was tempered by the massive ingredients. Indulgence!



A well deserved close up. 



Unfortunately its best features seems to be its downfall, which it was its size! It was a big behemoth and posed a great challenge when eating it. It was one of those more embarrassing situations where I have to eat layer by layer. it was worth that slight hardship though. So as such, I strategised. 


A man needs to improvise from time to time. 



I ate the first layer of cheese first and mushroom and then pack it all in together and wallop it like how a proper burger should. It made for an extremely sloppy eating experience but it was still quite enjoyable. And to top things off, I had a mug of draft American beer. To me it was the final touch to a good lunch for a lazy Sunday afternoon. 



Fizzy



Cozy, casual and a whole lot of fun, BBM is somewhere I recommend if you are into your burgers. Do note that they are not cheap. The BBM itself costs 1580 yen, although the standard burger hovers around the 1000 yen mark. The beer was 400 yen. If you have a penchant for other alcoholic pairings, do not worry as this place is well stocked. 


Pick your poison. 



Still, the quality of ingredients and impact of flavour made it worth it all. If you would like to try this place out, then the address is as below. It is fairly close from the Ropponmatsu subway stop and is just a few minutes away from the Fukuoka Court House.  Do note you will probably smell like your lunch after this. 


セイスピノス 1f, 3 Chome-9-10 Ropponmatsu, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka, 810-0044


Ain't hard to spot. 


Comments

Weekly Top Rankings