Mexican Tacos @ Taco Mia, Otemon, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka

 




Alright people, strap yourselves in as the heat wave continues! It has been too long since I had some good Mexican. And I would not be surprised if it was some years ago. So after some searching around I finally came across Taco Mia. And as the name suggests, the place sells tacos. 



Men at work. Note that they have recently undergone some renovation. So the kitchen may look different from here. 


Again, this is another establishment that is located in an alley near by the main road. I think you guys can start to see a trend here. Is it because rent is cheaper? Or the layout of the roads are like that? Who knows? It did test my dedication in finding the place though, especially when it was raining at the time I was looking for this place. Reprieve soon came when I saw the word "tacos" at the yonder. Ok it is not that dramatic, but it felt like such as I was pretty hungry already. 


Le menu. 



It was a no brainer for tacos to be the first order for me during my first visit. As such, I chose a triple set, consisting of a beef, chicken and vegan taco respectively. The vegan taco sounds a bit out of place, but I need to fill the veggie quota anyway. I upgraded it into a chips and drinks meal. 



Dinner is served. What a spread!


The triple taco stood for 980 yen while the upgrade was for 400 yen. Once you have chosen your taco fillings, you can then pick the sauce of your choice to accompany your meal. I selected the mango mayo for the veggie option, the chipotle sauce for my chicken and spicy red for the beef. 



 Beef on the left, chicken in the middle and the vegan version on the far right. 



Lets get straight to the point, the tacos are good. Like really good. Each taco was flavourful and packed serious punch. Even the vegan one was a serious contender. It was filled with braised beans and roasted potatoes with a bit of parsley to give it that herby edge. The mango mayo was a sweet condiment and blended well with everything. The chicken was superb as it was also braised in a sweet and savoury sauce. 



Hottest chick in the house. 



This compounded with the tangy and spicy chipotle sauce, and you get some serious flavour. The beef was good too, with chunks of steak being used as a filling. Although I found this the least impressive. Probably because it was just steak. It was pretty good but not novel, compared to the previous two. Still the red sauce came in like a ballistic salvo and had serious sting. One noteworthy mention is the tacos itself. It was soft flour tacos, which I really liked. I also like corn tacos too but I prefer flour tacos as they are more filling and is able to carry sauces better. 



At least they are pretty generous.



When it comes to chips, it was the usual store bought corn chips and accompanying it was a can of ginger ale. Not too bad, but then again, what can you expect right? Still, I took this opportunity to try out the various hot sauces in the shop. And boy do they have a collection. My favourite from the bunch was the red habanero sauce by Marie Sharp. The chips were a great flavour carrier to this fiery concoction. 



Time to turn up the heat!


This was an enjoyable meal and I would not hesitate in making a revisit soon. There are other stuff on board like quesadillas and burrito that I would like to try soon. Do note that this place is fairly small so unless you are just going by yourself or a small party of 4, I recommend taking out. So if you are in this part of town, and you would like to spice things up, the address is as follows:


3 Chome-5-18 Otemon, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka, 810-0051



Light at the end of the tunnel. 








Comments

Weekly Top Rankings