Blog Update: Moving to Japan and Future Plans

 


Hey everyone. I hope everyone is doing well despite these trying times. 

If you have been keeping up with the updates provided via the TOG Facebook page, you would probably know by now that I am no longer based in Malaysia and for the foreseeable future of at least a year. This is because I will be returning to student life. In fact, it has already begun! Long story short, I have been selected as a full time Graduate Scholar by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan or MEXT in short, under the Young Leaders' Program and I will be undertaking a Masters Degree in International Law in Kyushu University. As such, I will be based in Fukuoka in the near future. 

KLIA never looked so empty


Having said that, I have left my corporate job in KL in order to pursue that. I have flown into Japan on 15 October and I am now serving a 14 day quarantine in a hotel near Narita Airport. I will be heading to campus on 30 October. In the meantime, I will be attending classes online. With that in mind, what is the future of the TOG? 

CKT everyone!



There will still be weekly postings about my food encounters in Malaysia as I had collected some material on a previous trip to Penang and a few more eating escapades before the third wave hit. So do check out the Facebook page to keep yourself posted and there is a food challenge coming up for Post 250! What would that be? Stay tuned. 


My crib for now for 14 days. 


Additionally, I am currently getting my meals from the Family Mart from the hotel lobby and I have been eating that since day one. As we cannot go out of the hotel, that is the only source of food that I have. So will I be able to complete a 14 day quarantine with just Family Mart food? You will soon find out. And once that is over, I will then be focusing on more Japanese food especially in the Kyushu region. More delicious journeys await and feel free to hop along.  

Be that as it may, I would like to express my thanks to all that have helped me along the way in this journey and hope to see you all soon before I proceed with the next chapter in my story.


Comments

Weekly Top Rankings