Burgers @ Big Bob Burger, D'Pulze, Cyberjaya





Nothing triggers my curiosity more than a burger joint that I have not tried before.

Being the gourmand that I am, I truly believe that a burger can be wild, simple, or funky, in the quest of being delicious. I have tasted many variants and tried many shops and I can still do not get tired of a piece of meat between two buns. No naughty thoughts here please.

So I was checking out D'Pulze, as it was a mall that I have never visited and generally curious about what it has in store. Of course it cannot be compared to several other major malls in the big city, but it has everything the local residents would need: supermarket, a book store and yup, a burger joint that is not a fast food chain.

I never had Big Bob's before so the set menu seems like a low commitment. I ordered the "Classic" which came with fries and free flow Coke for RM15. Seems like a sweet deal. There are other variants in the main menu, but for a taste test, I think this would suffice. Little veggies and just meat, low frills.

Some times, simple is enough
When the order came to my table, I would be lying if I was impressed. It looked very generic and was small, like McDonalds size small. And my record so far were two double fish o filets. But then again, don't judge a book by its cover.

At least its actual beef
And this could not be more true.

The taste was not mind boggling, but the meat was fresh and you can feel the grains of beef in the patty.  Was reasonably moist and charred well. The mayo inside was surprisingly zesty and spicy. It had a taste of cajun or cayenne. A nice surprise. The fries are ok, not too deep fried until it feels like cardboard. Crispiness was just right. I would give some merit on the grill pan they used to serve my meal. Definitely one of the better burgers I had in a while, and I have a very high standard to adhere to when it comes to burgers.

They have other stuff like pasta and pizza as well. Kinda adventurous if your name has "Burger" on it. And they serve cafe style coffee too.  So to say the menu is a bit adventerous is an understatement.


Overall I actually enjoyed my meal, although portions lead it to suffer some demerit points. If I would pass by Cyberjaya, I would probably give the other versions a chance. So if you feel like trying some meat and buns not coming from your standard Burger King, do give this place a shot. I had, and I was alright.  The address is as follows:

UG22, Upper Ground Floor.
D'Pulze Mall
Persiaran Multimedia
63000 Cyberjaya



                                     


Notes: 
Liquid sustenance consumed during drafting: Green Tea from a nameless brand
Most recent meal consumed before drafting: Chicken curry rice from Avenue K food court


Blog update: it seems that there is a branch in Atria Damansara. Would probably give it a visit in the future.

Comments

Weekly Top Rankings