Burgers @ Sasebo Burger C&B, Fukuoka Airport, Fukuoka

 



There is always time and stomach space for a good burger. And when it comes to burgers, there are few that can match a Sasebo burger. So when I found out I don not have to go to Nagasaki for it, I was all ears.



Look what I have found!



Being a cultural institution in Nagasaki, Sasebo Burger C&B is burger joint has been serving hot and piping burgers throughout that side of Kyushu since 2016. And when I heard that they have an outlet in the airport, which is their second shop outside Sasebo itself (the first being Kumamoto), it was an obvious reason for me to try to look for it. This new outlet is located at the also new Food Times food court by the South Exit, close to the Anytime Fitness gym in the airport(the irony, I know). There are a variety of burgers to chose from but being my first time, it makes sense to get the thing that they are famous for, the Original.



Munch time



I ordered the Original Burger with a side of fries and a drink standing at 1800 yen. The burger was well‑assembled despite being so simple. The soft bun, crisp lettuce, and a nicely balanced combination of savoury bacon and fried egg. The patty leaned toward the lighter side, but the overall flavor was cohesive. You can really taste the freshness in the patty.



Robust!



The combination of egg and bacon are very distinctive when it comes to Sasebo style burgers. Although there are no fixed recipes as mentioned, those elements tend to be quite common in burger shops around Nagasaki. Well, you cannot go wrong with eggs and thick cut bacon. Speaking of thick cut, he fries were thick‑cut too, a pleasant change from the usual salted versions from McDonald's. The heart on the bun was also a nice touch. Of course, if you want to keep it simple, you can get the burger as it is for 1200 yen. For completeness, my drink was a Coke, a classic burger and fries companion.


Swanky



How about the new food court itself? The dining area itself was spacious and modern, with plenty of seating and a relaxed atmosphere. To be fair, it is a new part of the airport after all and everything looks very new and sleek. And being a food court, there are more things in store too. Hinode, the famous kaisendon restaurant also has a new shop here. Although I have yet to try that, if we are to go with the burgers for now, I think everything is off to a good start.



It is not some Michelin grade food experience, but a solid, comforting meal nonetheless. And the best part is now I do not need to take that 1.5 hour car ride to Nagasaki for it. At least I know have a new port of call if I am in need of a good meal between flights. So if that has caught your attention, the address is as follows:


3rd Floor Domestic Airport, 778 Shimousui, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, 812-0003.


Comments

Weekly Top Rankings