Burgers @ Golden Gate Hamburger & Craft Beer, Ueno, Taito, Tokyo





 As the hunt for the ultimate burger continues, I have arrived at Ueno once again during a recent work trip. More specifically, it was Golden Gate bar located around the Okachimachi area. With loads of neon lights, and different types of alcoholic drinks on display, it gives out a very cool vibe to the place. 



Cool feels...


The establishment seems like it was loaded with regulars, as many customers seem to be talking freely to one another. It felt like I was gatecrashing into a party. However, the owner made me felt welcome and eventually took my order. Instead of adhering to my usual rule of getting a cheese burger for most new burger joints, I was in need of something very spicy. And not long after, I decided on the jalapeno cheese burger which stood at a modest 1350 yen. As it was my first time here, I asked the owner of his recommendations for an accompanying beer. He then recommended the Squatch Rocket which stood for 1400 a pint. That was more than my burger! But since I was feeling adventurous, I decided to give it a try. As there were many customers when I was there, my beer naturally came first before my burger. 





The beer was actually very refreshing. It has a grainy and yet fruity flavour throughout. Th was somewhat gassy but it is not as loaded with carbonation compared to other types of beer. it was frothy but crisp at the same time. The golden yellow hue really gave off an enticing impression. Not soon after my burger arrived.



Hefty!



It was a hefty specimen with various things going on. But long story short, it was a very good burger. Loaded with jalapenos, grilled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and of course cheese, there was many elements going on that mix together nicely. I liked the grilled onions very much as it gave a nutty sweetness but at the same time slight tanginess. The jalapenos gave a nice kick to the overall burger. And of course the patty was fresh and beefy.



The first big bite. 



The burger itself was actually quite massive and I can fell its weight when I held it in my hands. Eating it was a bit of a challenge as I have to navigate by jaw to stuff it down. Fortunately I did not make much of a mess. Slowly but surely, I managed to gobble everything down and left nothing behind. It was such a treat to munch on. 



Golden...



The fries that came with it was decent too. There is nothing much to shout about, being standard fries with a bit of salt. However, they were still enjoyable and help round out the meal. I did feel like they were a bit too much, considering the size of that spicy burger I had to wolf down earlier. 


Front of the house. You can't miss it



Overall, this was quite enjoyable. The burger was great, although a but slow. The atmosphere was nice and I had a relaxing time there. It should be noted that you can opt for something cheaper than the craft beers they have. But since I am already familiar with the standard beers and sodas, having something more unique would be fun. If you are a fan of good burgers or hard to get beers, then this is the place you would need to try. And if you would like to try it out for yourself, then the address is as follows:

Ueno, 3 Chome−20−2 水野ビル 2F, 3 Chome Ueno, Taito City, Tokyo  110-0005






Comments

Weekly Top Rankings