Coffee @ Imm Coffee and Roastery, Iwakuni, Yamaguchi

 



This may probably be the longest journey I have done in getting a cuppa joe! Was it worth it? I am not too sure, but the views on the way there were absolutely gorgeous. 



Probably Japan's most interesting bridge. 


Located in the rural town of the former castle fort of Iwakuni, Imm Coffee and Roastery is an independent coffee spot, which serves well, coffee. With various beans and blends around the world, it has created a local cult following. And as I was taking a trip to Iwakuni to visit the Kintai bridge and exploring the local sights, I thought it would be a good idea to get my morning pick me up along with some breakfast. 



The morning pairing


It was then that I realised that this is a specialty roaster so it is not a proper cafe per se and people tend to pick up their orders and go. If you feel like having a dine-in experience, you could by sitting by the patio, overlooking the street. And that was the option I decided to take. Paris it is not. Still, was kinda nice to do this in the middle of the Japanese countryside. 



Tall, dark and handsome. 


The coffee came in the usual black Americano which I always enjoy. No frills, strong yet dainty black beauty. The java was smooth and flavourful. It did not have an acidic profile and had a strong woody scent. It also left a pleasant aroma akin to burning sandalwood between sips. Long story short, I really liked this cup. 



The motherload!



And as since this was breakfast, I got myself a cheese and salmon sandwich. The serving was absolutely generous, where the sourdough sandwich had half a block of cream cheese. It had more cheese than salmon and bread combined. Still, this was really enjoyable and I am not complaining one bit! 



The view inside. 


Other than the slight inconvenience of it not being a proper cafe, this place hits the spot. And of course, partially it was my fault in not looking properly if they have a sitting area or not. Still, this is a coffee joint that is worth a try. The address for this great coffee spot is as follows: 


1 Chome-20-46 Iwakuni, Yamaguchi 741-0062


Cheers everyone. 


Comments

Weekly Top Rankings