Fried Chicken @ Lim Fried Chicken, SS15, Subang Jaya




Golden, succulent and juicy, the fried chicken here is really some piece of art going on.

You would probably know by now that I am a huge fan of fried chicken. Well, I am a huge fan of anything delicious, but fried chicken has a special place in my heart. And hopefully, that does not mean my arteries. It was a figure of speech.

View from the outside looking in.


I finally took the trouble of trying out Lim Fried Chicken, or LFC to some. And I got to say, I was impressed by the outcome of my meal. This fried chicken establishment has been slowly but surely putting people on notice and as of to date have 5 branches. Yet, many people will still say the first outlet in SS15 is the one that is the one you should visit. Which I did. Also, it was the closest to my house.

Now a view of inside looking out. 


The decor is simple and rustic. Nothing too fancy and fluffed up. After all, it is a chicken joint right? And the chicken should be the one that should do the talking, or is it clucking?

What a mess, a glorious mess. 


Naturally, being a fried chicken outlet, some fried chicken is in order. I ordered the rice set which comes with a whole chicken leg, some veggies and a serving of rice, which was topped with some curry sauce and sambal. What came forth looked modest enough and something you would probably stack up from your local mix rice corner. Looks can be deceiving. 


Crunch!


The chicken was absolutely amazing. The crust had an amazing crunch, but it was not because of a flour based batter. Even if it was, there was a thin coating of it. It was not flavoured with 11 herbs and spices, but something more superior, which is the chicken itself. Many a times when you eat chicken, you feel like you are just chowing down some combo of powders and herbs. But not this one. There was a very distinct clean chicken taste. I know its a no brainer that a piece of chicken must taste of chicken. Yet, a lot of fried chicken places, like fast food outlets and mamaks use flavouring to an extent that it tempers with the natural sweetness of the chicken meat. Also, the chicken had to be very fresh. In this case, it was. 

A shot of another piece. 



The curry sauce was a good condiment, but I prefer the spicy and sweet sambal better. Combined with rice and some stir fried veggies, this was a complete meal that really satisfies. As there was a chee cheong fun option as well, I decided to make 2 visits before writing this post. Well, I need to be thorough with my research material no?


My personal favourite. The sambal was just so good. 

The chee cheong fun worked even better than the rice. The slippery texture of the chee cheong fun was able to work with the crunch from the chicken very easily. The contrast of texture worked together perfectly. Also, it carried the sauces better that the rice I feel. 

Front of the house


This is a simple dish that is done right, which I thoroughly enjoy. The food is also reasonably priced, with both the rice and chee cheong fun plates costing RM 10.80 each. Colonel Sandars, get ready to salute your chicken superior. Many have tried this place before and have given rave reviews about it. The place is also easy to find. However, for the sake of completeness, the address is as follows:

47, Jalan SS15/4, SS 15,
Subang Jaya, Selangor

Comments

Weekly Top Rankings