Food Court Tour @ B.I.G. , The Linc, Kuala Lumpur




Located in one of the busiest streets in the city, lies a very interesting take in dining in a supermarket. With a variety of different stalls and food options, there is something for everyone here.  Most supermarkets have a deli area and sometimes a food court to supplement their business. But few have done it as well as B.I.G. Short for Ben's Independent Grocer, their food items are usually done very well. And I have been patronizing their main outlet in Publika from time to time. A new grocer outlet has taken shape and is now based at the Linc. 

Lunch vibes


If you have been to the Publika branch, do note it is a little different there. The one in Publika had a proper dine in experience whereby waiters are at the ready and its a proper sitting in experience. The one in the Linc is a bit more of a proper food court style. You pay for your order and then collect it once its ready. And like most modern food courts now, they use that UFO catcher system. 

Full bodied. 


And the first morsel that I tried during one of my visits was the beef pho. This was a heart warming dish and had a lot of body. I am always amazed with pho, whereby despite its clear appearance, has great flavour and aroma. And not falling short on the flavour factor, I had some sliced beef to go with it. It was a bit decadent I have to admit, but being at RM15, it was reasonably priced and probably my bi-weekly treat from now on. 

Well, this does look pretty. 



If you are into something more contemporary, they do have a stall that serve "cafe-style" food. And one option I chose on another visit was the chicken skillet. Unfortunately, you do not get a chicken on a skillet. But rather some chicken sausages, potatoes and an egg cooked in an onion gravy with a piece of garlic bread. The gravy was actually very good. It had an earthy backdrop with some spiciness. But anyone can assemble sausages and gravy. And standing also at RM15, this left me wanting. 

Help is on its way!


But if you are like me and felt that leaving with an empty stomach is a real problem, fortunately, they do have a bakery where you can get some baked goodies as a snack during work, as breakfast if you're early, or like me, who just needs more food to chow down. I got myself a cheese stick. 

Time for more carbs!


It was not too bad as well, its a bread stick with cheese. You really cannot go wrong with it. And they do serve coffee too. The roasting smell of freshly brewed coffee did ruffle my feathers a little, but I had a strong cup in the morning that day. But rest assured I will have one sometime soon.

Another angle of the premises. 


There are other great options here too. From sushi and pizza, there will be something for you and your cravings. However, do keep in mind this place gets very crowded during lunch and that the food here is generally a bit more expensive. Well, at least you get free drinking water. That is a plus in my book! But it goes without saying, that if you intend to go out and eat,  do get your temperature checked before entering the premises and wear a mask where possible. So if you are in the area, or if you are curious as to what Linc provides, the address is as follows:-


360, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur


The front door if Linc. You cannot miss that colourful sign. 

Comments

Weekly Top Rankings