Ice Cream @ Frozen, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.




If heat busting is the name of the game, then Frozen is the right place to be.


The counter


Novelty ice cream shops seem to be the rage nowadays. But if you do have some ice confections, or even ice drinks to beat the heat, you would be rest assured that you can make good business in this weather. Frozen is located at the upmarket spot of Bangsar, which itself is famed for novelty items and fancy food places. The place has an avant garde feel and the ambiance is simple but sophisticated.

What a dizzying array. 


The ice creams are too. Flavours of various sorts that go beyond the norm are present for your picking. They all look colourful and inviting. From fruit flavoured sorbets to pastry inspired delights, it took me a while before I decided on my selection. There are the usuals like cookies n' cream, strawberry and chocolate. But life is too boring for that right?


Sugar rush, coming up!


After browsing the bar, I have opted for a double scoop.  And what I had was a combination of Black Forest and the caramel flavoured Golden Crunch was the exact sugar rush I need. The Black Forest was loaded with cherry syrup and bits of the fruit were even there. The chocolate cake bits added a depth of texture and other parts of the scoop was vanilla, and very good vanilla at that. However, I do feel like there is something extra, like golden syrup on the beige coloured parts. But it may just be my imagination.

Crunch time. 


The Golden Crunch, which was buried at the bottom of my cup, really lived up to its name. It was a very intense and sugary experience. Loaded with Crunch honeycomb chocolate bars, this would be a diabetic's worst nightmare. Every spoonful has a chunk of that golden candy and the ice cream itself had a dark caramel flavour.

The other corner of the selection. 


A dizzying array is what you get here. You would easily  be spoilt for choice, especially if you have a sweet tooth. I mean, how often do you get to see musang king durian ice cream? That is decadence!The prices however, are still reasonable and a double scoop, which I had costs RM 14.90. Still cheaper than a Haagen Dazs. I was also told that the coffee here is quite good. But being a hot weather, I think I would give it a pass this time.

No truer words have been said. 


I really like this place, I really do. I would not be surprised if I come here again to try the other flavours provided here. Strawberry crumble, I am looking at you. Fancy a go? The address is as follows:

 6, Jalan Telawi 4, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur


Front of the house. 

Comments


  1. An excellently written article, if only all blogger offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place.
    Please keep it up!. Great tips, I would like to join your blog anyway. Waiting for some more review.check this
    once frozen ice cream cakes sydney visit the site to know more about pure gelato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very valuable which you have shared here about ice cream cakes. I appreciate your efforts which you have put into this article and also it is a gainful article for us. Thank you for sharing this article here. ice cream cakes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Weekly Top Rankings